Wednesday, April 05, 2006

travel story (original release: 11/9/05)

so, the cab came to pick me up at the facility.. .i quickly realised that my driver may have a cognitive impairment.. and i was worried..

i couldn't understand much of what he was saying.

i got really worried when pulling out of the parking lot, he turned to me and said:
"how do i get to the highway from here?"

oh god, what have i gotten myself into.

after 10 minutes of somewhat erratic driving, and more than a few white knuckles on my part, he reveals to me that he was robbed at gunpoint, shot in the abdomen, in a coma for three months, and woke up half paralyzed with a stroke.

then he made some joke about his girlfriend (the cab controller on the cb) as we passed the projects.

interesting guy.

got to the airport, flight delayed by an hour due to a faulty altimeter. everyone in the concourse flew into a rage.

i sat next to an angry giant who did not want to release his coat and farted obviously in my directions several times throughout the flight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home